Gap analysis can be defined as a comparing process between your current state and the future state you want. Then, it requires you to make a series of action that will bridge the gap identified. If you want to make the right template, here we have a free gap analysis.
How to Write a Gap Analysis
There are some steps that you need to follow if you want to make a gap analysis template. First of all, you have to define the focus areas. It is very important to set the boundaries. It can also be called as scope of gap analysis.
There are many typical focus areas people often set. One of them is financial growth. Besides that, customer excellence also belongs to one of them. The next focus area is innovation. And there are some other focus areas such as community impact, scientific achievement, and employee happiness.
After defining the focus areas, you will need to identify the future state you want. If you define the current state but you do not have any idea about the future state you want, it will be a useless process. So, it is important to define both current and future state with the gap analysis.
For example, you can simply say that the future state you want for innovation is to be recognized as the most innovative platform in the business industry. Or you can say that the future state you desire for customer excellence is to get market-leading customer referrals and retention.
In writing a gap analysis form, the next step to do is to assess the current state you desire. Here, you must have a better understanding about where you are now. You can state that the focus area of your community impact is that most local community members are not aware of your presence.
You have to keep in mind that this is much more important than being 100 percent honest & realistic about your weaknesses and strengths. Now, it is time to be specific about what you want to achieve as well as how you are going to do that.
The next step is to apply measures or KPIs to the gap analysis. Here, you will notice that your gap analysis is very general in both how you have tackled your current state and your desired future state. Now, it is time to add some specific measures for each focus area.
In this case, there are some tips to consider. First, you should choose KPIS that you can measure. Second, you should only select KPIs that you have a baseline for today. Third, you need to try to apply a mix of the leading & lagging KPIs.
In this free gap analysis, you will need to make an action plan of the gap analysis. This is the hardest one where you will formulate a specific plan to address the gap you identify. Now, you can practice writing your own gap analysis for your business. Hopefully this will be a useful reference.
- 4+ Sample Gap Analysis Report
- 5+ Sample Business GAP Analysis
- 3+ Gap Analysis Spreadsheet Sample
- 5+ Sample Business Gap Analysis
- 2+ Sample Target Market Analysis
- 4+ Sample Hazard Vulnerability Analysis
- 4+ Training Gap Analysis Sample
- 3+ Product Cost Analysis Templates Samples
- 3+ Sample Software Gap Analysis
- 4+ Industry Analysis Sample Template
- 5+ Forced Field Analysis Templates Sample
- Sample Skills Gap Analysis
- 5+ Market Analysis Sample Template
- 4+ Sample Compensation Analysis Template
- 5+ Sample Customer Profitability Analysis
- 10+ Business Case Analysis Sample
- 5+ Training Needs Analysis Sample
- 4+ Project Financial Analysis Template Sample
- 5+ Sample Impact Analysis
- Prenuptial Agreement Template and how to make it interesting to read the reader
- Free SWOT Analysis Sample Template
- 5+ IT Service Agreement Sample Template
- Company Analysis Report Template Sample
- 8+ Sample Financial Statement Analysis