Free Download 6 Types of Invoice for Small Business Here
An invoice is a financial document issued by the entrepreneur to his client, containing a list of goods that have been purchased or services that have been provided along with the total bill to be paid. Invoices are important documents that will always be referred when customers want to know the total cost they must pay to business owners.
If you are a small business owner, you must issue a simple and to-the-point invoice so that customers can quickly pay off their debts. Invoices are categorized according to sender and destination.
These are the six types of invoice
- Pro forma invoice
This type of invoice is also known as pre-invoice. The goal is not to ask for payment but to show the customer how much to pay once you send the product or perform a service. This invoice is sent before you complete the work for the customer.
In general, the contents of a pro forma invoice are estimates of the work you will do and how much the goods will cost. This is also a document to represent work commitments. The requirements on pro forma invoices may change as the project continues.
- Interim invoice
This type of invoice breaks the value of large projects into multiple payments. This invoice is sent when you complete a large project. The bigger the project, the more costs are spent. They help you manage your small business cash flow for large jobs. You can use the Interim invoice to cover part of the production costs.
- Final invoice
This invoice is sent after you complete the project. This invoice aims to inform the customer that the work has been done. Another goal is to request payment to the client. Therefore, you must write down a list of the products and services you provide, total costs (including taxes, etc.), due dates, and payment methods.
- Past due invoice
The following invoice is sent to customers who do not pay on the due date as stated on the final invoice. It reminded that the final invoice due date had passed. Please include details of total fees and late fees and interest.
- Recurring invoice
If the customer also does not pay off invoice arrears immediately after you send the past due invoice, send them the recurring invoice. Bill the same amount regularly, similar to several utility bills.
- Credit memo
Credit memos contain statements that you owe a certain amount of money to the customer for some reason. The reason is for example because the customer returns the item, you sent the wrong item, or the product was received in a damaged condition. With a credit memo, you can return the amount originally paid by the customer or offer credit to your customer for future purchases
All templates are provided in various file formats such as Google Docs, Google Sheets, MS Excel, MS Word (Doc. and Docx.), Apple Numbers, Apple Pages, and PDF. Each template is particularly designed to meet the needs of the sample invoice template. If you want to download the template, simply click the download button on each template. Download invoice template here.
- 10+ Printable Invoice Templates
- 10+ Simple Invoice Templates Printable
- 5+ Payment Invoice Templates Sample
- 5+ Printable Job Invoice Templates
- 5+ Payment Invoice Templates Sample
- 5+ Printable Lawn care Invoice Template
- 5+ Printable Advertising Invoice Templates
- 5+ Notary Invoice Templates Sample
- 10+ Blank Invoice Template Sample
- 5+ Sample Cash Receipt Templates
- 4+ Sample Sales Invoice Templates
- 5+ Sample Invoice Template
- 5+ Sample Company Invoice Templates
- 10+ Carpenter Invoice Templates Sample
- 5+ Sample Lawn Care Invoice Templates
- Printable Freight Invoice Templates
- 10+Printable Deposit Invoice Template
- 10+ Estimate Invoice Templates Sample
- 5+ Printable Handyman Invoice Templates
- 10+ Sample Commercial Invoice Templates
- 5+ Sample Contractor Invoice Templates
- 2+ Invoice Templates Sample
- 5+ Self-Employed Invoice Templates Printable
- 5+ Printable Production Assistant Invoice Templates