An employee that has to move out to a different place needs to resign from their current job. Therefore, it is highly suggested to prepare for a resignation letter due to relocation. It is the most appropriate way for both the employee and the agency to continue each other’s business smoothly and professionally. To get to know more about this letter, read the following paragraphs written below.
When to tell your boss you are relocating
Relocating could be either a sudden thing or a planned one. However, even though it is a sudden move-out, there must be days left before the d-day. As a result, ensure to inform the boss about the resignation due to relocation for around two weeks or more before quitting the job. It is considered to be a nice time to talk about your resignation and it provides you and the agency enough time to take care of the job before handing it to someone else.
The format sample of resignation letter due to relocation
The format sample of a resignation letter varies, it depends on the type of letter you are going to send, whether it is an electronic mail or the conventional one. Here is the format sample you may follow and adjust with your type of resignation letter.
Letterhead is optional. For the conventional letter, you need to write down the letterhead that includes your identity, such as name, address, job title, and name of the company. The date of the letter along with the recipient’s identity is pretty similar to the sender’s identity you wrote before.
- Opening salutation
Begin the letter with a formal salutation. Dear Mr/Mrs (name of the supervisor) is a great example of a formal salutation.
- The body of the letter
- The body of the letter usually consists of three paragraphs. It doesn’t have to be a very long letter yet it should be clear and brief enough to explain the date of the resignation and the reasons.
- Before talking about the leaving, ensure to introduce yourself appropriately, and define the purpose of the letter with formal and polite language.
- Last but not least, thank the manager for their consideration and include your contact information for the company to easily reach you before you leave the job.
- Closing salutation
Following the formal lettering format, the resignation letter due to relocating should be closed with a formal closing salutation, such as ‘Best Regards’, ‘Sincerely’ and many more.
- Name and signature
Below the closing salutation, write down your full name along with your job title and the company’s name. Then, put a signature for a valid mark.
Tips to write a resignation letter due to relocation
- It is suggested to talk first to the supervisor about your leaving. Afterward, you may prepare the resignation letter due to relocation and hand it over to the supervisor/manager.
- Maintain the letter to be brief and clear. Include only logical reasons to leave the job due to relocation. State the facts of your current situation without explaining too much in the letter.
- Before submitting the letter, have a final check or review of the letter to prevent grammatical errors or any other mistakes.
- Resignation Letter Due to Relocation
- What is effective today’s resignation letter?
- What does the RN resignation letter mean?
- What does voluntary resignation mean?
- What is the Resignation letter to whom it may concern
- Why should you create a resignation letter for transfer?
- What is the Effective Date Resignation Letter?
- Trustee Resignation Letter and The Sample
- 10+ Sample Professional Email Template
- How to write a job change announcement letter?
- What is maternity leave to parents?
- Resignation Letter Due to Health and Its Sample
- Short Notice Resignation and the Letter Sample
- Resignation Letter Due to Unsatisfactory Work Circumstances
- What is a Letter of Voluntary Resignation from the Employer
- What is an Employer Resignation Letter
- Appreciative Resignation Letter
- Teacher Resignation Letter to Parents
- Letter of Appreciation to Boss about Employee
- 10+ Relocation Agreement Template Sample
- What Is A One Week Notice Resignation Letter
- Power of Attorney Resignation Letter
- A Rescind Resignation Letter to Try to Work Again
- Creating a Resignation Letter Due to Stress